free html hit counter




Cast of Characters

Guitar Hero Irish Drinker Married Man Married Woman The Ex Not Gay Seven Years Matt Fabulously New Red Hot Mama 

The Documented Ex's

.
Friday, May 19, 2006
From The Dog's Name:

Affirming…this world delights
in taking someone’s dreams and crushing them, people delight in muck-raking and
tramping on others, I do not need you to be on the side of the world in this, it
is more than capable of destroying what esteem I do
have. I need you to be on my team…if you would rather cheer for the world, then
you shouldn’t be sitting with me on the bleachers.

Reliable…if I cannot rely on you, then what is the
reason we are together. I will call when I say, nothing save death would make me
stand you up (and even this has never been tested). You expect reliability from
me, is there anything wrong with me expecting it in return.

Integrity…if you cannot be 100% honest, then don’t let
the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Yes, we all have pasts, I do not
need to know all the details unless it affects us in the present or possibly
some future…you will be surprised at what I can accept as “past”, but if you lie
to me about one thing I will assume you are lying about everything. I have been
cheated on in the past and while I basically believe we are all honest it still
takes me a very long time to trust completely, but I want to believe I can do
this.

Communication…I believe I can communicate about
anything, this is not an open license to bring everything up, nor is it a
license to just blurt out whatever you want. I accept that this will happen and
words can often become the enemy of resolution; however I do expect you to try
as hard as I am, and accept that I cannot be wrong about everything, and that my
perspective has at least as much validity as yours…somewhere in the middle is
the probably best path.

Importance…while I do not have
to be the centre of your world, if I am not close to it, then what is the point
in us being together. I do expect this to translate into allowing the world to
know we are an us, this will mean some PDA and meeting your friends and family,
I will not accept being kept a secret…I have existed in relationships where on
two hands you couldn’t count the number of people higher up the list than me…I
will not do it again.

Sexual/Sensual…I like sex.
Physical intimacy is very important to me for the two way demonstration of the
commitment and sharing that exists between two people. I can talk openly about
sex, and I believe an adventurous and mutually satisfying sex life is important
to a healthy and long lasting relationship. If your idea of good sex is a Sunday
morning romp in the missionary position, then I am not the guy for you…I have
had relationships where if asked I would say the sex was “ok”, never again.

Fidelity…I can keep my cock in my pants, that means I
expect you to be able to keep your legs closed…and while we are on the subject I
believe kissing (and I’m not talking European greetings) is being
unfaithful.Respecting…I will offer you the same respect you show me. Each time
you don’t respect me, my respect for you diminishes…this is a fluid thing, but
like trust it is easier to lose than regain. I will not sit you on a pedestal I
will however place you as my equal, until you demonstrate or show me otherwise…I
accept that there are things you will be much better at than me and have nothing
to do being male or female, I expect you to accept the same.


While normally I don't like copying and pasting other people's posts (even if I do credit them), this post just hit home more than I could have imagined. Even if there is only one other person that feels this way about relationships, it still gives me hope that I can find it.

The relationship I'm in right now is still new, talking isn't a huge thing between us right now. So communication is down, and importance isn't there yet. I believe the rest to be there, but without communication it makes knowing about the other ones impossible.

Wasting time in the waiting line...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.

Blogs I Fancy