free html hit counter




Cast of Characters

Guitar Hero Irish Drinker Married Man Married Woman The Ex Not Gay Seven Years Matt Fabulously New Red Hot Mama 

The Documented Ex's

.
Thursday, July 06, 2006

So S.O. and I have been spending a lot of time together.
One, because he left for vacation for a week, and now he's back only until the end of the day today, and then he's gone again until Monday.
Q.S.W. is a little sad and lonely.

A few nights ago, S.O. did one of his famous "asshole speeches."
These, in the beginning, frightened me because it was basically him trying like mad to convince me that he was a utter and total asshole. Thankfully, I realized at some point that all the reasons he would give me during these little speeches were shoddy and full of holes. So basically when they happen now (at least once a month, and usually he's inebriated), I just nod my head and say things like, "Ok Dear."

So back to a few nights ago.
He starts out on one of his speeches.
He starts giving me reasons, most of those reasons are things I've done too, which puts me in the asshole category too.
So finally, tired and wanting to sleep, I say,
"Yes, you've done all those things, what do you want me to say?
Do I care? No.
Do they hurt me? No.
Especially when you take up an argument with me on the fact that I need to take your car to drive home 3 blocks because there is a 30 percent chance of rain out.
If you really want to be an asshole, you might want to re-think those arguments."

At this, he grinned like he was 12, and buried his face in my neck.

I guess males need reassurance just as much as females do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

Of course we do...life and the world delights in destroying us and dragging us down...we don't need our lovers to do the same.

2:09 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

And to think, I have strived in life to become more like a male in that regard. I need attention and reassurance, but I always try not to show that I need both.
I guess that's how males are. This could be a horrible generalization.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

You're just figuring out that we need re-assurance? If all women figured out how men work you'd be running the world.

10:23 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

haha.. you are probably right Phil.

My S.O. goes around showing everyone how tough he is, how independent he is, how he doesn't need women, and then he has moments like these where I realize all those words before were fake.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.

Blogs I Fancy