free html hit counter




Cast of Characters

Guitar Hero Irish Drinker Married Man Married Woman The Ex Not Gay Seven Years Matt Fabulously New Red Hot Mama 

The Documented Ex's

.
Friday, August 04, 2006

Amidst the drama of moving, of S.Y., of S.O., of working, and of going on vacation, I said to myself, "Hey, this would be a great time to quit smoking."

So I did.

Now, I know for some quitting smoking is a really hard thing to do. For me it wasn't hard. The times I smoked were either when I was really stressed out, or when I was drinking. If I didn't drink anything for a week, or I wasn't stressed out, then I wouldn't have a cigarette for a week.
I'm kind of strange, I think.

So quitting during this time didn't seem like that big of deal.

It wasn't, until I started coughing.
For the last three days I've coughed so much that I'm gaining a sore throat and a worried boyfriend. I woke up this morning and my entire chest hurt.
S.O. just looked worried. He's a smoker, and has been for years and years. The couple times he's quit, he hasn't gone through what I'm going through.

I'm not sure what's going on either.
I kind of wish 8 months ago I hadn't picked up the habit of drinking and smoking.

It was a really dumb move on my part.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scorpy said...

It is a natural reaction for the lungs to reject the build up from smoking. I remember when I was still playing football and tried to give up, I had a hard time training because of the coughing...my Dr said it was natural but gees it gave me the shits :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Crazybeautiful said...

Unfortunately I can't offer any real advice on the subjuect beign I'm a smoker as well. Stress is definately a factor, after a semester of grad school I was almost at a pack a day, it even disgust me. As far as the cough you might want to try some sucret cough drops, the extra strength ones. They pretty much numb the throat and stop the hacking couch.

11:00 AM  
Blogger sipwine said...

Scorpy & C.B.: I wish I had a cigarette right now.. I'm stressed

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.

Blogs I Fancy