free html hit counter




Cast of Characters

Guitar Hero Irish Drinker Married Man Married Woman The Ex Not Gay Seven Years Matt Fabulously New Red Hot Mama 

The Documented Ex's

.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
It wasn't until CrazyBeautiful e-mailed me with this...

"I just wanted to say that if your in Chicago, might you have time for a
drink and ponder the looks of wombat."


...that I realized I wasn't the only one who pondered the looks of the people who frequent my blog.
I've often wondered what Wombat, Indy, MBIC and Scorpy look like in "real" life.
I thought I was alone with those thoughts, but now I wonder how many other people ponder the same thing.
I've always kept my "real" identity a secret. Mainly because I have scary ex-boyfriends who still "google" me and try to figure things out about me. Other reasons include parents, brother, friends, current boyfriend and anyone I know finding this site.

I see other people like Fab and Phil who put their picture up with no problems. I wonder if most of their friends know about their blog. Or are they still unknown?

Why do you choose to put up your picture or choose not too?

It's interesting how pictures aren't a huge deal in the blogging world. I like being flirty with the males who comment on my blog, and I appreciate and look forward to the other female perspectives I get from this blog. I wonder if those things would change if I knew what someone looked like? I wonder if people would stop commenting on my life if they knew what I looked like? Blogging proves that humans don't need to know what someone looks like to appreciate them. I appreciate a lot of stories and comments I read in my blog and other's blogs and a lot of times they are talked about in my "real" life. I usually refer to them as friends. Are they really? GH and I frequently talk about Kiss n Blog which is Wombat's website.
So would that make it "real" life?
I think this all boils down to one question...
What is blogging?

10 Comments:

Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

It's funny that you wrote about this today b/c I was just thinking about how far I've come in the "anonymity" department in the two years that I've been blogging. For the first year and 1/2, I remained completely anonymous- no picture, no reference to where I lived- putting myself out there, but still protected. It wasn't until 6 months ago that I decided to put my picture on there. My friends and family know I blog but only a few read me. I have censored myself a little more since putting it up, but overall it is a bit freeing for me to put my whole self out there. Yes, sometimes I worry about psychos or that someone that doesn't know I blog will recognize me, but that's the chance I take, I guess. It's a personal choice and I completely respect other blogger's choice to remain anonymous. BTW, I can tell you that Scorpy is a hottie & I'm pretty sure that Indy is too. : )
~Fab

8:15 PM  
Blogger Scorpy said...

Thanks Fab....your'e not bad yourself ;)
OK Sip...brace yourself...because this is me...the one and only picture of me on my blog although there are a few of my daughters http://fallenscorpion.blogspot.com/2006/04/uncovered.html

9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you both knew what I look like, you would have no reason to talk about me.

*basking in the limelight*

Let us know the results of your deliberations. (Or libations, which will be much more interesting.)

Scorps is a Total Blog Stud ~ lucky bastard.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Circe said...

I semi put my pic out (if that's possible). I never use real names but to be honest, I probably say too much that could lead to getting 'outed'. LOL

I actually did post a pic of me a few days ago, but for the most part, I try to stay in the shadows as I'm very gunshy about real people knowing.

And I am dying to know what Wombat looks like! rwwrrr.....

hugs,
circe

12:41 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

Fab: Maybe I'll grow to your place. I already talk about my blog world to GH, but I've never showed it to him. (he does frequent Kiss and Blog though...)

Scorpy: Fab was right. You are a hottie. ;)

Wombat: I will let you know what we think as soon as we have a chance to discuss you. ;)

Circe: Yeah, I've shown the blog world my legs covered in mud, but thats about as close as I've gotten to "exposure." All the events I write about are real though... so maybe I could get outed too.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Yep Scorpy is worth more than just one look and having spent time with Indy I can let you know he is very cute with a great arse. As for Wombat, yes I've been wondering about him as well.

8:39 AM  
Blogger sipwine said...

Hmm.. it seems as if the men who comment on my blog all have good looks. I bet Wombat is being modest.
I kind of like this speculation game.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

Until Mia dumped me in it, I was going to say that apart from having one leg shorter than the other, sever halitosis and body odor that would make a skunk blush I'm just this average guy...with a great arse ~grin~ Thanks Mia, mwah.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Sunny Delight said...

I always wonder what fellow bloggers who keep their anonymity look like, but then again I always try to keep my own...so much so that when I see on my stat meter that someone from my hometown has visted..I freak! Totally not ready for friends and family to find my blogs...

also nice to know Indy has a nice arse to go with his brilliant and funny mind ;)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

I put up my picture because I think its nice to be able to put a face to the words...and well, my blog is full of pictures anyway, so there would be no use pretending I'm not the blonde one.

That being said, there is something romantic about anonymous blogging, how, like reading a novel, you can only imagine what the other person may look like. And imagination goes a long way.

Unfortunately, because I'm not anonymous, its easy for people to take jabs at me or my pics (and if you've read my blog, you'll know what I'm talking about)..and of course, I wish I could post all my "true" feelings and crap about friends, bf and family. So far, the only thing I can make fun of is my dog. Cuz she doesn't read my blog.

Yet.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.

Blogs I Fancy