free html hit counter




Cast of Characters

Guitar Hero Irish Drinker Married Man Married Woman The Ex Not Gay Seven Years Matt Fabulously New Red Hot Mama 

The Documented Ex's

.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Over the last few weeks I've begun to realize how I've treated my friends the past 8 months and how unhappy I was.
I guess this is true after any break up, there is always some degree of, "Wow, why did I live with that?"
But this seems different than my past relationships.
It's like I'm coming out of some kind of fog and I had no idea I was in the fog.
In fact, I was fairly sure the fog kept me happy.
I'm sure now it doesn't.
For one, my friends have all commented on how happy I am all of a sudden.
M.W. said it was as if I took some kind of happy drug that I won't share with the rest of the world.
Two, I was pretty unhappy about not having someone to depend on.
And even though I think I was falling for S.O. it was definitely only one sided.
Apparently I have enough time and energy to make up for both sides of a relationship.
Now that I'm back to doing things one-sided I have so much more appreciation for it.
GuitarHero doesn't know what hit him, he keeps saying things like, "QSW, You do not have to thank me over and over again for opening the door for you." or "QSW! Stop apologizing, you act as if I'm going to hit you because you suggested a restaurant to eat at. I'm glad you have a voice when it comes to food!"
And so on...

GH does a lot of sweet things for me.
The one that probably takes the cake for every other guy I've ever known was waking up at 6:30 am, on a Sunday, to go to the Purdue Stadium, and clean 33 bathrooms with me.
We are both from Alpha Phi Omega and our chapter needs money.
I signed up for the project originally.
We needed more people.
I asked him to do the project also.
He agreed.
And he smiled and laughed with me all the way through it.
It's interesting what you find from the Breakfast Clubbers.
I think I have my costume for next time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

Is there any better indication of love than to arise from a warm bed before the dawn and scrub toilets.

I have been going about this trying to impress the ladies thing all wrong...

6:12 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

MBIC: I am very sure I am happier. I'm glad that even objective views are noticing i'm happier, I know definitely it was the right decision then.

Indy: I'm glad I could add a different perspective for you to look at when it comes to the ladies. :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Sounds like you are finally with someone who can give you what you seek! I'm sure a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders! I'm so happy for you!!
~Fab : )

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.

Blogs I Fancy