free html hit counter




Cast of Characters

Guitar Hero Irish Drinker Married Man Married Woman The Ex Not Gay Seven Years Matt Fabulously New Red Hot Mama 

The Documented Ex's

.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Trash talker

I'm wildly protective of my brother.
My brother and I are in the same organization
My brother and his ex-girlfriend are in the same organization
Therefore, she and I are in the same organization.

We shall call her LonelyLadybutPassiveAgressive or LLPA for short.

I like LLPA, honestly. I was happy when she and my brother started dating.
I'm happy she's friends with GuitarHero.
I am not happy when she talks about my brother behind his back and in front of me
I am not happy when she freaks out and makes everyone in our organization feel bad about one of my brother's jokes.

I am protective.

I realize that my brother has done some assholish things in the past. And when she first broke up with him and came over to GH's apartment and was trash talking my brother (i was there for a little of it) I didn't say anything. What she was complaining about didn't seem like that big of a deal in a break up, but I wasn't going to say anything because I thought he could of done something more horrible to her.

Like I said, I honestly like her.

Friday night rolls around, and she was at a party that GH and I were attending. My brother was no where to be seen. GH had a missed call from him, so he calls him back.
My brother was staying in for the night, so that LLPA could enjoy herself without the worry of him showing up (my brother tends to be the center of attention whether he tries for it or not).

In my opinion, very adult move on his part.

So a few days later, I was sitting in the office, and LLPA started trash talking him again.
One, it's been a month since the break up
Two, I know at this point my brother is honestly not trying to be an asshole
Three, I'm very protective of my brother.

So, I sat (she sat down right next to me) with my mouth closed, boiling blood, listening her freak out about something that obviously wasn't directed at her. I was about to say something when I realized that all the people in the room were all sitting with their mouths closed, not saying anything.
I waited, soon she left, and I said nice things before she left. As soon as she walked out the door, everyone in the room started saying things like, "Why is she freaking out so much, it was obviously a joke and she didn't have anything to do with it?" I didn't say anything. I kind of felt bad for her after that. I know people love my brother, but now I suddenly realize why she freaks out so much. I wouldn't want to break up with GH and suddenly realize that all my friends love GH more than me.

So I think this weekend I might hang out with her.

The sister of the most beloved Alpha Phi Omega member, hanging out with the ex-girlfriend should shut everyone up for a little while.

I think my brother will approve also.

3 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

All people cope with breaking up differently...it's good to see you are still willing to be a friend.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Circe said...

You are being the mature one here and that is admirable.
I still get along wonderfully with my sis's ex-brothers and sisters-in-law and I'm very happy about that. :)

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.

Blogs I Fancy